For all the great example of QR Code marketing that I’ve seen, I’ve probably seen 3 or 4 less than stellar uses. Here are a few examples to help steer you away from wasting your time:
- Don’t just send people to your home page. Trust me, you would rather they type in (and learn) your web address.
- Make sure your QR code is visible.
- Make sure your QR code can be scanned safely. (road-side billboard)
- Make sure there is mobile service where you place your code. (airline magazine)
- TEST. YOUR. CODE. (And have a few friends test it. Make sure it works.)
- Don’t put a QR in an email. It defeats the purpose. Just give them a link.
- Don’t interrupt a customer who is trying to do business with you. Make sure your destination makes sense… if you’re advertising a discount, or specific product, don’t take your user to your Facebook page. This would only serve to distract the user from what you want them to be doing.